Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So I am getting rid of my MySpace Account but wanted to hang onto my blogs so I decided to start this site instead. So the first several posts will be old posts transfered from Myspace.

The following was originally published on Thursday, July 6th, 2006- My first official ever blog post:

Well I thought I would try this whole blog thing. We'll see how well it works out. I have the habbit of starting things but not continuing them. I think I've started reading 5 books in the last year and haven't finished a single one except for the Harry Potter series. That could be a problem or a good thing depending on which way you look at it.
Well my summer is half over. I love being a teacher but at the same time summers can be a blessing and a curse. I have definetally enjoyed the spedning time with friends and family but when I'm not doing that I am simply not being productive. There has to be a way to get my ass in gear.
I'm in Rockford now. I come back here less and less these days, but at the same time too I guess its good because I learn to appreciate my time here more. I used to hate being here summers during college, but now I actually enjoy spending time with my family, imagine that.
Ziifle's wedding was a blast. It was so good to see my brothers and be a part of the celebration. It's still tough going down to New Orleans though because as much as I love it I always get depressed when I get home. I'm finally starting to kick the depression of not being down there but this last one lasted probably the longest of any other time. I don't know what it is. My heart wants to be down there but God doesn't seem to be making it clear that that is where I'm supposed to be. I wish he would put lights in the sky telling me what to do, that would be good huh?
Oh well He's got a plan I can't always make sense of but one thing is for sure if I can't be in New Orleans Wichita is a great place to be. Amazing friends, great job, and students that make me laugh and cry, they really teach me a lot about life.
Well It's late. I hope you've enjoyed the first installment of my blog. I turn 26 in less than 24 hours, that is a scary thought. But I'm excited because I get to see my brother and sister tomorrow. Peace out.

No comments: