Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Changes

This was published on September 19, 2007

My life has drastically changed in the last month and a half. Although this was something I was expecting, in a way there really is no way of knowing exactly what those changes have in store. God is amazing. God is Faithful. God is also very unpredictable.
1) I packed up my life and moved to Denver, driving a u-haul for the first time in my life. A little scary but it was manageable.
2) I went from living in an apartment by myself to a four bedroom house with 3 other guys. I couldn't ask for better roommates. I was originally supposed to be living with 4 completely different guys in a completely different house and it fell through one week before I moved to Denver! I probably should have freaked out. I didn't and God came through with this current situation. Honestly I think it was for the best.
3) I went from having a steady job and a normal routine and paycheck to wondering where my next paycheck was going to come from. Praise God He found me two awesome jobs here in Denver. One working as a part time Youth Minister and the other as Coordinator of Totus Tuus. Both awesome jobs, and while it will still be tight financially I'll be able to pay the bills.
4) I went from being a Teacher to a student. I love my graduate program it is absolutely amazing. It is one of the most challenging things I have ever encountered but I love it so much! In some ways God might be punishing me for all the work I made my former students do. Hahaha. But I miss teaching, especially teaching at Carroll like crazy!
5) I moved away from all my kids. I miss my students and especially my Knights. To be honest this has been the toughest part. My heart truly aches some days because I'm not around them anymore. It's wierd that Thursday nights come around and I'm not with them.
6) I went from having a very small and limited community (which although had it's draw backs at times I loved and miss) to having a HUGE community. The Catholic Young Adult Population here is enourmous! There is so much activity here. I love it!
7) I went from a population of very few single Catholic women, to a population of an overabundance of single Catholic women. If I don't meet my future spouse here I'm going to the seminary! Hahaha!
All of this has been a huge lesson in trust. Everyday that goes by here I get more and more confirmation that this is where I'm supposed to be. There are days that are so tough and I miss Wichita like crazy. But even in the midst of those moments of sadness the feeling of peace that this is where I belong never goes away. It took me three weeks to find a job and came down to my absolute last dime and then, bang, God gave not only one job I love, but two! Life truly is amazing. God' plan is amazing. While I quite haven't figured out the full purpose of why he brought me to Denver I know He brought me. It took me almost 4 years to figure out why God brought me to Wichita and if you would have asked me if I would have been sad to leave there three years ago I would have said no way. But God has a reason for everything. He had a reason for me being in Wichita for 5 years and now he has a reason for me being in Denver. All I can do is keep going one day at a time and constantly remind myself to trust and surrender!

No comments: